Today’s featured Dessert Table Designer is Wilmara Manuel, Principal Designer of Madly Stylish Events. I stumbled upon Wilmara’s work while perusing Facebook one evening. I loved her work and instantly knew she had to be a featured business for this month’s dessert trend. Wilmara shares with Jem of the South how she started her business and offers tips on how to start your own dessert table business. Thanks for sharing with Jem of the South Wilmara!
1) How long have you been designing dessert buffets? How did you get started?
For a about a year. My friends started asking me to style and plan their parties and dessert tables for their events.
2) Do you have a signature item that always accompanies your buffets?
Ooh, that’s hard! Cupcakes are must but I always like to add a whimsical dessert element.
3) Do you specialize in certain buffet styles? Adult themes, baby showers, weddings or children’s parties?
I actually love wedding dessert buffets because the sheer number of guests allows for a variety of sweets but right now I’m challenging myself to take on a creative spin on dessert buffets for children’s parties by including some healthier elements.
4) What has been your most memorable dessert buffet and why?
I loved the first communion buffet I did for a little boy back in May. It was clean, simple yet elegant and whimsical.
5) What advice would you give someone interested in starting a party planning/dessert buffet business?
You MUST enjoy it. Most people don’t realize how labor intensive a beautiful and well-crafted dessert table can be. Also, start out slow and learn the business side of the industry. Have a business plan, create a marketing strategy, get yourself as much publicity as possible. Lastly, hang in there!
First Communion Table~ Gorgeous!
Bridal shower themed L’amour est doux (Love is Sweet!)
Madly Stylish Events